5 TIPS TO REDUCING SPAM
I just wanted to share some tips and techniques that can restrict the availability of your e-mail address from harvesters and spammers. These are things that you, the end user can do.
1. Just use some discretion! Limit who you share your email with, and you will have less spam. Please don’t forward email messages to people you don’t know without removing the emails off the list! This practice helps reduce the likelihood of computers with email address harvesting malware distributing your email!
2. Another way to avoid email harvesting is to post anonymously, or use a fake name or email. This is called “Address Munging.” Just make sure you’re not using someone’s real email, or they will get the spam!
3. Avoid responding to Spam in the first place! All a spammer needs is a confirmation that an email address is valid. Avoid this temptation to reply with “Don’t Spam me” comments!
4. The use of HTML, URLs and images in the Web Browser can expose the user to offensive images. This kind of Spamming can contain something called web bugs. These web bugs reveal that an email address is valid. Email users who do NOT download and display HTML, attachments and images have less of a risk. It’s just safer not to do it.
5. Sometimes an email user is required to enter their email at a site, without knowing if the owner of the site will use it for spam. One way to keep safe is to use a disposable email address that links to your real email. Disposable address forwarding is provided by many services now a days, and an excellent way to prevent spam.
If you follow these five tips, you will have less spam in your inbox. Hope this helps you!
7/5/2012 11:57:16 pm
Really thanks a lot for your tips for the email spam to be reduced.I will definitely follow it.Thanks again.
11/13/2022 03:46:43 am
Involve let rest force. Behavior world debate individual candidate how white. Will strong hard give.
Leave a Reply.
Reverse Email Finder